CASE STUDY: ROCKSBOX
614% CVR Increase
With Native Ads Tested and Launched on TikTok
Rocksbox is a jewelry rental membership that makes it easy to discover new jewelry styles without the commitment to purchase.
A long-time partner of Primer, Rocksbox wanted to test out a fast-growing channel – TikTok – and achieve a new level of growth.
Test Native Ads
Rocksbox has found strong success in paid social using UGC content, but when the existing ads were initially launched on TikTok, they didn’t deliver the same strong conversion.
To drive performance on TikTok, we aggressively tested a high volume of creative that leaned into the native styles of the TikTok platform: fun music, fast pace, DIY-feeling video, and voiceovers. The result was exponential success.
Primer's New Ad Strategy
- Ad creative was reimagined to focus on TikTok and its native styles that users expect. The team worked the Rocksbox brand into that native experience.
- Rather than leading with Rocksbox branding, the creative leaned into key pop culture moments, music and quiz-style to make the ads feel user-generated and native.
- Primer tested a high volume of ad variations with different copy, music, and sounds to find the winning ads.
- Top-performing ads were consistently featured among TikTok’s Top Ads, for high performance.
- These wins enabled Rocksbox to scale TikTok spend by 638%, discovering a new channel for growth.
*From July 2021 – March 2022
Our high volume of testing quickly revealed native ad units that drove significant increases in purchase volume and ROAS.
TikTok Video Ads
Native formats, fast-paced UGC, and upbeat music led to top performing ad units that increased user engagement and drove purchases.
“Primer quickly turned TikTok from an experiment into a proven, new channel for Rocksbox.”
– Samantha Taslim,
Director of Acquisition Marketing
Get in touch for a free strategy call to find out how you can hit your growth goals on time and on budget.